Apache Commons DbUtils is a small library designed to make working with JDBC easier.
JDBC resource cleanup code is mundane, error prone work so these classes abstract out all of the cleanup tasks from your code leaving you with what you really wanted to do with JDBC in the first place: query and update data.
Here are some key features of "Apache Commons DbUtils":
· No possibility for resource leaks. Correct JDBC coding isn't difficult but it is time-consuming and tedious. This often leads to connection leaks that may be difficult to track down.
· Cleaner, clearer persistence code. The amount of code needed to persist data in a database is drastically reduced. The remaining code clearly expresses your intention without being cluttered with resource cleanup.
· Automatically populate JavaBean properties from ResultSets. You don't need to manually copy column values into bean instances by calling setter methods. Each row of the ResultSet can be represented by one fully populated bean instance.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Provide test coverage for org.apache.commons.dbutils.DbUtils
· Source assembly artifact fails to build a site because of missing pmd-ruleset.xml Fixes Enhance BasicRowProcessor to have row mapping easier to configure
· BeanProcessor method processColumn should take SQLXML in consideration Fixes
· Updated documentation to better reflect the use of pmdKnownBroken