gwt-test-utils is a free and open-source Java testing framework for GWT applications.
gwt-test-utils provides an easy way to test your GWT User Interfaces without GWTTestCase or any servlet container instance, meaning that you will be able to use any Java tool without restriction: JUnit, reflection, Easymock, Mockito, etc.
Furthermore, you really should consider this framework if you want to write fast tests which will still deal with your GWT view layout and simulate browser events on your widgets easily.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the gwt-test-utils utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Here are some key features of "gwt-test-utils":
· GWT code unit testing with small execution time (no hosted mode / browser launched in the background)
· Simulation for browser's events (click, blur, change, ...)
· Mocks handling using Mockito or EasyMock
· Standard maven-surefire-plugin support for testing with Maven
· Support for GWT + Spring application testing
· Support for GWT + Guice application testing
· Support for GWT + GIN application testing
· Support for GXT library (currently only version 2.x, version 3.x is coming !)
· Complexe use-case testing using CSV-based scenarios
· Extensibility through the use of custom patchers
· GWT 2.5.0
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· rename 'gwt-test-utils-gxt' artifactId to 'gwt-test-utils-gxt2' and add a new 'gwt-test-utils-gxt3' one
· Rename 'com.googlecode.gxt.test' package to 'com.googlecode.gwt.test.gxt2'
· Start support for GXT 3.0
· Add GxtTest base class
· API adaptations to prepare for GXT 3.0 integration (GwtModuleRunner ClientProperties methods)
· Remove "registerUiConstructor" method : use a custom Paranamer implementation to be able to retrieve method and constructor parameter names
· Improve JavassistUtils
· Fix 'replace-with' deferred binding support for inner classes
· Add BeanModelLookupCreateHandler to fix build
· Add new CellTable methods in Browser
· Add Browser.submit(..) helper method
· Some cleaning on how event are fired within SimpleEventBus, buffer rpc calls, etc..
· Fix issue 116 : fix support for @Provides methods with interface type parameters
· Fix issue 139 : Add the possibility to mock HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse, ServletConfig and ServletContext through ServletMockProvider
· Fix issue 144 : Defe...