TestNG is a testing framework inspired from JUnit and NUnit but introducing some new functionalities that make it more powerful and easier to use.
TestNG is designed to cover all categories of tests: functional, end-to-end, unit, integration etc.
Here are some key features of "TestNG":
· JDK 5 Annotations (JDK 1.4 is also supported with JavaDoc annotations).
· Flexible test configuration.
· Support for data-driven testing (with @DataProvider).
· Support for parameters.
· Allows distribution of tests on slave machines.
· Powerful execution model (no more TestSuite).
· Supported by a variety of tools and plug-ins (Eclipse, IDEA, Maven, etc...).
· Embeds BeanShell for further flexibility.
· Default JDK functions for runtime and logging (no dependencies).
· Dependent methods for application server testing.
· Java 1.5 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added: ITestNGListenerFactory
· Added: Passing command line properties via the ant task (Todd Wells)
· Fixed: @Listeners now works on base classes as well
· Fixed: Test priorities were not working properly in non-parallel mode
· Fixed: @Listeners wasn't working properly with ITestListener