The Obj2GUI automatically generates the GUI code that corresponds to an existing instance of an object and thus helps developers to gain time in the first phase of the GUI development.
Being developed using Java, Obj2GUI is a cross-platform utility that can be used on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the Obj2GUI utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Here are some key features of "Obj2GUI":
· Support unboxed and boxed variables : int, float, double, Int, Float, array, array, Date and more.
· Different type of Swing/Swingx Object available for each kind of variables (Eg : a Integer variable could be represented as a TextField or a Slider; an enumeration could be represented as a JList or a Combobox). JTextField, JSlider, JCombobox, JList, JXDatePicker, RotativeSlider, JWSlider (custom and fun sliders)...
· Support Collections using JList to select wich object to GUIiffy. (Object containend in collections).
· XML files aivailable for customising labels/tooltip of the generated components.
· Recursive introspection (A object could contains other objects that will be encap in a TaskPane like panel).
· Event system to be noticed of all changed values in objects. (Needed for eg to repaint something or do an action if something has to be reflected somewhere).
· Different Layouts are available (BoxLayout, Grid, NullLayout) to construct the GUI.
· Java 1.5 or later