A framework for managing/moving/resizing inner windows or components using a layout manager like a BorderLayout or a GridBagLayout.
JDock is written in the Java programming language.
Here are some key features of "JDock":
· Compatible with standard java layouts (BorderLayout, GridBagLayout...)
· Resize, move, fix inner windows or components
· Maximize any inner windows
· Use actions toolbar by inner window
· Default actions for maximizing or extracting an inner window
· Dynamic add/remove of actions
· Shadow when moving / resizing an inner window
· Save and restore the state of your environnement
· Several samples for GridBagLayout and BorderLayout
· UIManager for customizing the default colors
· Hide / show any inner windows (depending on your layout for the result)
· UI delegate for customizing inner components
· Optional status bar for hiding/showing inner windows.
· Avoid the usage of splitpanes
· JDK 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 compatibility.
· Java 1.4.1 or later
· 30 days evaluation.
· A popup will appear every 10 minutes.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Method for dynamically resizing a window
· A pop-up menu on the window icon is available with toolbar actions content
· A JDockException is thown when using several times the same constraint
· AutoScroll mode available by inner window
· InnerWindowProperties for the Inner Window parameters, used for a single AddInnerWindow method
· Each addInnerWindow method has a last parameter for the autoscroll mode
· The default view of JDock implements the JDockSource interface
Bugs fixed :
· Some initial wrong size
· Faster layout
· Title bar size
· InnerWindowPropertiers (title, icon, action model) wasn't taken into account
· Maximize function (couldn't operate on some layouts)
· Hidding a window at starting wasn't taken into account by the status bar/menu
· When enabling the statusbar the size couldn't be changed.