IKVM.NET is a free and multiplatform Java VM for .NET.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The JVM allows any reference type to be passed where an interface reference is expected (and to store any reference type in an interface reference type field), on IKVM this results in an IncompatibleClassChangeError.
· monitorenter / monitorexit cannot be used on unitialized this reference.
· Floating point is not fully spec compliant.
· A method returning a boolean that returns an integer other than 0 or 1 behaves differently (this also applies to byte/char/short and for method parameters).
· Synchronized blocks are not async exception safe.
· Ghost arrays don't throw ArrayStoreException when you store an object that doesn't implement the ghost interface.
· Class loading is more eager than on the reference VM.
· Interface implementation methods are never really final (interface can be reimplemented by .NET subclasses).
· JSR-133 finalization spec change is not fully implemented. The JSR-133 changes dictate that an object should not be finalized unless the Object constructor has run successfully, bu...