H2 Database Engine 1.3.176 / 1.4.184 Beta
Structured Query Language database engine written in Java that has a browser based console application along with server and embedded modes.
Embedded and server modes are available. A Web console application is included. Clustering is supported.
H2 Database Engine is a web based java database engine.
- Fast database engine
- Free, source code is included
- Supports standard SQL
- Written in Java
- Disk based or in-memory databases
- Browser base Console application
- JDBC API
- Limited ODBC support
- Embedded and client/server (network) mode
- High availablility support (clustering / failover)
- Wide range of data types including large objects (BLOB/CLOB)
- Strong security features (SSL, users, roles, encrypted files)
- Multiple connections, table level locking
- Cost based optimizer, using a genetic algorithm for complex queries
- Transaction support (serializable transaction isolation)
- Zero-administration, automatic recovery
- Large resultset, external sorting
- Scrollable and updatable resultset support
- Read only views and inline views
- Inner and outer joins, subqueries
- Many functions already built-in
- Triggers and Java functions / stored procedures
- Referential integrity / foreign key constraints with cascade, check constraints
- Multiple schema support
- Compatibility modes for HSQLDB, MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Sequence and autoincrement columns
- Well tested (high code coverage, randomized stress tests)
- Small footprint (smaller than 1 MB)
- Uses a small number of database files
- Can be compiled to native code using GCJ
- Primary keys, multiple index types (b-tree, linear hash, tree, hash)
- ORDER BY, GROUP BY, HAVING, UNION, LIMIT
- Information Schema
- Multiple connections
- Collation support
- EXPLAIN PLAN support
- The database can generate SQL script files
- Support for linked tables, and a built-in virtual 'range' table
- Automatic re-compilation of prepared statements
- Sophisticated trace options
- Low memory requirements
- Easy to understand exception messages
- Standard handling of NULL values
- Multilanguage console application (at this time, English and German).
H2 Database Engine
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.4.184 Beta
- In version 1.3.183, indexes were not used if the table contains columns with a default value generated by a sequence. This includes tables with identity and auto-increment columns. This bug was introduced by supporting "rownum" in views and derived tables.
- MVStore: imported BLOB and CLOB data sometimes disappeared. This was caused by a bug in the ObjectDataType comparison.
- Reading from a StreamStore now throws an IOException if the underlying data doesn't exist.
- MVStore: if there is an exception while saving, the store is now in all cases immediately closed.