Comparandum is a free and open-source JUnit based testing framework that enables you to write unit tests for visual comparison.
When used, the Comparandum framework compares the output of a "renderer" with a user-specified reference image.
Being developed using Java, Comparandum is a cross-platform framework that can be used on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
Here are some key features of "Comparandum":
· Create reports in HTML or XML
· Automatically updates the reference images when needed
· Compare with predefined reference images
· Execute any kind of rendering code
· Execute the comparison as unit test
· Java 1.5 but Java 1.6 is recommended
· JUnit 4