CloudSim is a free and open-source framework that allows developers to simulate and model cloud computing infrastructures and services.
The purpose of CloudSim is to offer its users an extensible framework for modeling and experimenting with application services and Cloud computing infrastructures.
You will be able to focus on and investigate specific system design issues without worrying about the Cloud-based infrastructures and services.
CloudSim is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the CloudSim framework on your Mac are available HERE.
Here are some key features of "CloudSim":
· Model and simulate energy-aware computational resources
· Model and simulate data center network topologies and message-passing applications
· Model and simulate of large scale Cloud computing data centers
· Model and simulate virtualized server hosts
· Model and simulate federated clouds
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Removed the dependency on the flanagan library. It is now replaced with Apache Math. The implementation and interface of the MathUtil has been changed accordingly.
· The minimal time between events is now configurable.
· Fixed Issue 44 : UtilizationModelPlanetLabInMemory: use a global constant to define the size of the data field: a new constructor for the classes, allowing definition of data size, was added.
· Fixed Issue 49 : Wrong calculation of debt during migrationL: all references to debt from Datacenter and its subclasses were removed.