Since data and applications are always local, your private data never has to reside on a third-party server and is available to you anytime: both online and offline.
Tonido applications are served right from your own computers by the built-in webserver and allows easy access from any device with a web browser.
Tonido also connects to other Tonido instances directly via the Tonido Network. The Photos and Workspace apps use the Tonido network to directly synchronize photos and workspace data between members in a Tonido Group.
Why should I use Tonido?
· If you would like to access your own apps and files from anywhere via a browser
· If you want to share your data with a chosen network of people directly
· If you are concerned about control, privacy and safety of your data stored in online services
· If you want the power of cloud at your fingertips and powered by an open source platform
Here are some key features of "Tonido":
· Pick and choose your favorite applications from App Store.
· Private Invitation only communities, Private and Public groups.
· Encrypted data transfer.
· Communication and user private information is neither monitored nor stored in our server.
Access from multiple devices:
· Applications are accessible from any device with a web browser.
· Access Tonido applications online, offline and via remotely.
Multiple Operating Systems:
· Supports Windows, Mac or Linux
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· General: Add recursive file name search
· Drive: Stability, Robustness improvements
· General: PDF open support