JasperReports is a powerful open source reporting tool that has the ability to deliver rich content onto the screen, to the printer, or into PDF, HTML, XLS, RTF, ODT, CSV, TXT and XML files.
JasperReports is written in Java and allows you to generate dynamic content. JasperReports's purpose is to help users create page-oriented, ready-to-print documents in a simple and flexible manner.
JasperReports is embedded in all types of applications, which range from those that allow user interactivity to pixel-perfect printed forms.
· Java Runtime Environment 1.4 or later
· iText 1.3.1 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· improved report filling performance by extending the use of the simplified text measurer
· that was previously used only for single line text elements;
· improved subreport filling performance by using a thread pooling mechanism;
· minor bug fixes and improvements