JAXL is a free and open source XMPP library that will help you add Jabber support to your website.
Library comes with the following class files:
· config.ini.php: Holds your jabber account and mysql connection information
· mysql.class.php: Basic MySQL connection class used to insert received messages and presence into MySQL database
· logger.class.php: A very basic logger class which allows you to log all XML stanza's send and received from jabber server
· xmpp.class.php: Base XMPP class library which implements the XMPP protocol
· jaxl.class.php: JAXL class which extends XMPP class library. Should be the starting point for your application
· index.php: After building your application in jaxl.class.php, you finally initialize and call your methods here
How to use JAXL:
JAXL Client Library is highly structured. There is a base XMPP class library (xmpp.class.php) and a JAXL class library (jaxl.class.php) which is derived from the base XMPP class library.
Base XMPP class library implements the XMPP protocol and it also provides you with two extendable methods named eventMessage() and eventPresence(). These methods are internally called when a message or presence XML Stanza is received from the Jabber server.
Jaxl.class.php must be the starting point for all your applications. Simply customize the eventMessage() and eventPresence() Method for your application.
Here are some key features of "JAXL":
- Connect to a Jabber Server (e.g. Gtalk)
- TLS Encryption
- DIGEST-MD5 and PLAIN authentication mechanisms
- Roster Support
- Implementation of Google's Gmail Extension.
- Added another method of interest eventNewEMail() which is called when a gtalk user recieves a new email in his/her google mail box. Works both for Gmail as well as Google apps user.
- Updated File(s):
- xmpp.class.php implementation of Google Gmail Extension
- jaxl.class.php now also extending eventNewEMail() method
- jaxl4gmail.class.php a sample application for newly implemented extension