In order to install Grun on your Mac you can issue the following command in a Terminal window:
npm install -g grunt-cli
The Grunt development helper should be used for making it a lot easier to automate almost all development tasks related to web development.
This means that once you've installed and configured Grunt on a development machine, it will be capable to take over and perform the most tiresome and tedious tasks from you and your team on its own.
Moreover, Grunt can be used to manage and automate hundreds of development tasks by installing plugins with little to no effort.
A complete list of all available plugins is available on Grunt's plugins page and a detailed guide on how to start using it with your own projects can be found on the Grunt Getting Started page.
- Extract internal "namespace" lib to external "getobject" lib.
- "Grunt collections" are now deprecated, use peerDependencies. See "grunt-contrib" 0.8.0 for details.
- Fix stdout / stderr issues on Windows. Closes gh-940, gh-921, gh-744, gh-792, gh-644, gh-708.
- Fix pipe-redirecting on Windows. Closes gh-510.
- Fixed this.options() in renamed basic tasks. Closes gh-855.
- Update underscore.string dependency to follow semver. Closes gh-886.
- Output task options in verbose mode. Closes gh-749.
- Add file.preserveBOM property. Closes gh-806, gh-937.
- Test that file methods warn. Closes gh-909.
- Fixed a few spelling errors in code comments. Closes gh-849.
- Updated watch, jshint and nodeunit deps. Closes gh-914.