Apache Struts description
A free framework for creating Java web applications
Apache Struts 2 is an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java web applications.
Apache Struts 2 is designed to streamline the full development cycle, from building, to deploying, to maintaining applications over time.
Apache Struts 2 was originally known as WebWork 2. After working independently for several years, the WebWork and Struts communities joined forces to create Struts2. Apache Struts 2 is simpler to use and closer to how Struts was always meant to be.
Here are some key features of "Apache Struts":
- Easy startup - Jumpstart new projects with our bootstrap tutorial and template application or Maven archetype.
- Improved Design - Code clean against HTTP-independant framework interfaces.
- Enhanced Tags - Code less with stylesheet-driven form tags that provide their own markup.
- Stateful Checkboxes - Avoid special handling with smart checkboxes that know when they are toggled.
- Flexible Cancel Buttons - Go directly to a different action on cancel.
- First-class AJAX support - Add interactivity and flexibility with AJAX tags that look and feel just like standard Struts tags.
- Easy Spring integration - Inject dependencies into Actions using Spring without glue code or red tape. (Plexus support also available.)
- Enhanced Results - Do more with speciality results for JasperReports, JFreeChart, Action chaining, and file downloading.
- POJO forms - No more ActionForms! Use any JavaBean to capture form input or put properties directly on an Action class. Use both binary and String properties!
- POJO Actions - Use any class as an Action class -- even the interface is optional!
- Easy plugins - Add framework extensions by dropping in a JAR. No manual configuration required! Bundled plugins add support for JavaServer Faces, JasperReports, JFreeChart, Tiles, and more ...
- Integrated profiling - Peek inside Struts2 to find where the cycles are going!
- Precise Error Reporting - Flip directly to the location and line of an error.
- Easy-to-test Actions - Test Struts2 Actions directly, without resorting to mock HTTP objects.
- Intelligent Defaults - Skip obvious and redundant settings. Most framework configuration elements have a default value that we can set and forget. Say it once!
- Easy-to-customize controller - Customize the request handling per action, if desired. Struts2 only does what you want it to do!
- Integrating Debugging - Research problem reports with built-in debugging tools.
- Easy-to-tweak tags - Customize tag markup by editing a FreeMarker template. No need to grok the taglib API! JSP, FreeMarker, and Velocity tags are fully supported.
- Internal Changes:
- Broken Access Control Issue fixed - thus supposed to be solved with version 188.8.131.52 but that version contains a bug which breaks support for "action:" prefix.
- Bug Fixes:
- [WW-4204] - 404 error occurs on submitting (after applying 184.108.40.206)
- [WW-4211] - Form enctype="multipart/form-data" no attributes
- [WW-4212] - Struts DMI no longer works