Open source and free set of command line utilities which can be used to transform, query, validate, and edit XML documents and files
The XMLStarlet set of command line utilities can be used by those who have to deal with many XML documents on a UNIX shell command prompt as well as for automated XML processing with shell scripts.
How to install and run on your Mac: Expand the downloaded archive, open a Terminal window, go within XMLStarlet's source folder and run the following commands from the command line:
sudo make install
- Check or validate XML files (simple well-formedness check, DTD, XSD, RelaxNG)
- Calculate values of XPath expressions on XML files (such as running sums, etc)
- Search XML files for matches to given XPath expressions
- Apply XSLT stylesheets to XML documents (including EXSLT support, and passing parameters to stylesheets)
- Query XML documents (ex. query for value of some elements of attributes, sorting, etc)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.6.0
- get rid of "helpful" message about namespaces
- update user guide