texty is a free and open source single window-tab based text editor, which creates temporary files, auto saves them, backups everything on each save.
texty also features diff between the current and each of the saved versions.
· Every 60 seconds the temporary files are auto saved at their actual location (texty_data/temporaty/yyyy-MM-dd/..).
· Non temporary files are saved in TEXTY_DATA/AUTOSAVE/../
· Every time you hit save, a backup is made inside TEXTY_DATA/BACKUP/.
· executes the current tab depending on its extention
· .php, .rb, .py,.sh, .plare interpreted with the correct interpretators
· .c .cpp are compiled and executed, the compiled file is with the name of the opened file, but without its extention
Here are some key features of "texty":
· autoindent, color brackets, indent/comment selected block
· basic syntax highlighting
· execute tasks in another window - no more alt+tab
· backup on each save