An open source programmer's text editor for Mac OS X
EditXT has been written in Python with PyObjC.
- Find/Replace with regular expression support and other conveniences.
- Smart indent/dedent with tabs or spaces.
- Comment/uncomment selection.
- Word wrap.
- Line numbers.
- Cursor position/selection length indicator.
- Unix/Mac/Windows line ending support.
- Document pane with drag/drop support.
- Undo beyond save and beyond auto-reload on external change.
- Persistent projects (cannot save project as file yet).
- Preliminary support for character encodings other than UTF-8.
- Sort lines tool.
- Over 1500 unit tests (OK, not really a feature)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Toggle last command output with Escape key.
- Add "ack" command integration for code search. Command output contains clickable links to open files. Command+click to open files in background. Ack (http://beyondgrep.com/) must be installed and the path to the ack executable may need to be specified in preferences. For example: