EPIC is a free, open source and easy to use Perl IDE based on the Eclipse platform.
Features supported are syntax highlighting, perldoc support, source formatter, on-the-fly syntax check, content assist, templating support and a Perl debugger.
A regular expression plugin is also available.
NOTE: EPIC is released under the Common Public License.
Here are some key features of "EPIC":
Perl Editor Plugin:
· Syntax Highlighting
· On the fly syntax check (with annotation hover)
· Content assist
· Quick reference feature
· Outline view with used modules and subroutines
· Source formatter
· HTML export
· Perldoc support
· Templating support
The Perl Debugger Plugin has the following features:
· Persistent Breakpoints
· Single Step/Step Into/Step Over ...
· Global and local variables inspection (PadWalker needed)
· Expression evaluation
The RegExp Plugin has the following features:
· Subexpression highlighting
· Single step for debugging