Alphatk is a text editor. It's most useful for programmers, those writing a lot of TeX or LaTeX documents, and for editing of HTML source files. It has very rich features to aid in writing and editing files of those document types.
The programming languages most strongly supported are C, C++, Java, Tcl, Perl, Matlab, in addition to LaTeX and CSS/HTML. Most other common languages (around 50!) are also supported, although perhaps not with quite such a rich feature set.
As well as being useful for creating and editing such documents, Alphatk provides a host of facilities for communicating with compilers, diff, patch, version control systems, etc.
· Cross-platform - use the same editor on Windows, Unix and MacOS X.
· Very extensible and configurable - has a real (open source) language as a macro language
· Mode-specific syntax colouring, configurable with built in support for C/C++, HTML, Java, Tcl, Perl and 40 other modes.
· Exceptionally powerful modes for HTML/CSS, LaTeX/BibTeX, Perl, Matlab, C++, Java, Tcl and Metafont
· File sets - organise your files and deal with sets independently, including operations like printing, ftp-mirroring, version control, archiving, etc.
· Active user community writing additional modes, menus and other plugins, (e.g. here)
· Largely open source, and easily customizable.
· Configurable keyboard mapping
· Contains helpers so you can easily add yet more modes!
· Completely scriptable
· Available either as a set of scripts or as a single standalone executable (or 'starkit')
· Support for unlimited variety of plugins
· Tearoff menus for easy access.
· Automatic backup of files
· Multi-byte (IME) Support
What's New in This Release:
· fixes a very large number of problems. In particular, command-line support is now much improved, and some lost-focus bugs on Mac OS X have been fixed.