Advanced Text Editor is a Java-based application that was designed to be used as a dual software.
This means that Advanced Text Editor acts as a simple IDE if you develop programming files in it. It also acts as a plain text editor with several features available.
Advanced Text Editor is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
Here are some key features of "Advanced Text Editor":
As a Programmer's Text Editor:
· Syntax highlighting support for 10 programming languages (Highlights Keywords, Data Types, Strings, Comment Lines)
· Current line indication
· Compile Java files inside the program (Windows Only)
· Run Java files inside the program (Windows Only)
· KeyBoard Shortcuts
As a normal text editor:
· Save and Write RTF files ( This format is compatible with all the major text editors including MS Word)
· Inbuilt smilies
· Text Formatting (Bold, Italic, Underline, font color/size/format, alignment, and much more)
· Image insertion support
· Keyborad Shortcuts
· Java 7 or later
· Limited Text Area to Type - NO SCROLL BARS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The missing RTF read support
· issues in updating the title bar with the file name
· issues had while exiting a document when multiple documents are open
· If you try to overwrite a file but then click "No" or "Cancel", it will still display a falls message saying "File Saved". This is a completely falls message, so you can ignore it. This will be fixed in next version.