Brackets aims to be different from other web code editors. Tools shouldn't get in your way. Instead of cluttering up your coding environment with lots of panels and icons, the Quick Edit UI in Brackets puts context-specific code and tools inline.
Brackets is in sync with your browser. With Live Development, Brackets works directly with your browser to push code edits instantly, set breakpoints, and jump back and forth between your real source code and the browser view.
Note that Brackets is very early in development, so many of the features you would expect in a code editor are missing, and some existing features might be incomplete or not as useful as you'd want.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· 'Live Highlight' from CSS code: While Live Preview is open, putting your cursor in a CSS rule in Brackets will highlight all matching HTML elements in the browser. Use "File > Live Highlight" to toggle this off.
· JSP and ASP files are now recognized as HTML-like for Live Preview's local server support
· Inline color picker: Use Quick Edit anywhere a hex color, rgb() or hsl() appears to edit it inline. Includes shortcut swatches for other colors used in the file.
· Block comment/uncomment: Use Ctrl+Shift+/ (Cmd on Mac) to toggle block comments around the current selection.
· Find in Files scoping: Search a specific subtree or even a single file: right-click in the folder tree and choose "Find in..."
· Turkish translation