Metalua is a powerful compiler and language that comes with full Lua 5.1 compatibility.
Metalua features a unique macro system that can visualize manipulate programs as abstract syntax trees or source code.
Metalua extends Lua by providing CTMP (compile-time metaprogramming). It includes code generation at compile time and and extensible syntax.
Here are some key features of "Metalua":
· Full compatibility with Lua 5.1 sources and bytecode: clean, elegant semantics and syntax, amazing expressive power, good performances, near-universal portability.
· A complete macro system, similar in power to what's offfered by Lisp dialects or Template Haskell; manipulated programs can be seen as source code, as abstract syntax trees, or as an arbitrary mix thereof, whichever suits your task better.
· A dynamically extensible parser, which lets you support your macros with a syntax that blends nicely with the rest of the language.
· A set of language extensions, all implemented as regular metalua macro
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Proper reporting of runtime errors
· Interactive REPL loop
· Support for 64 bits architectures
· Update to Pluto 2.2 and Lua 5.1.3
· Build for Visual Studio .NET