JIF is a free editor entirely written in Java that will allow one to manage and create text adventures based on Graham Nelson's Inform standard.
With JIF, it's possible to edit, compile and run a textual adventure in the z-code and glulx format.
JIF is a cross-platform utility that will run on any operating system that features support for Java (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
Here are some key features of "JIF":
· Written in Java
· Syntax Highlighting support.
· Inform and Glulx support.
· Code Assistant and Template Manager, to speed your code.
· Multi-language support: English, Italian, Spanish, German and French.
· Project management: support for compilation of wide projects.
· Switches Manager: customize your switches passed to compiler.