Automake is an open source and free tool that will help you automatically generate `Makefile.in' files compliant with the GNU Coding Standards.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The '.m4' files provided by Automake does not define serial numbers anymore. This should cause no difference in the behaviour of aclocal though.
· Some testsuite weaknesses and spurious failures have been fixed.
· There is initial support for automatic dependency tracking with the Portland Group C/C++ compilers, thanks to the new new depmode 'pgcc'.
· Instead of renaming only self-references of files (typically for #lines), ylwrap now also renames references to the other generated files. This fixes support for GLR and C++ parsers from Bison (PR automake/491 and automake bug#7648): 'parser.c' now properly #includes 'parser.h' instead of 'y.tab.h'.
· Generated files unknown to ylwrap are now preserved. This fixes C++ support for Bison (automake bug#7648): location.hh and the like are no longer discarded.