wxWidgets lets developers create applications for Win32, Mac OS X, GTK+, X11, Motif, WinCE, and more using one codebase.
wxWidgets can be used from languages such as C++, C#/.NET, Python, and Perl. Unlike other cross-platform toolkits, wxWidgets applications look and feel native.
This is because wxWidgets uses the platform's own native controls rather than emulating them. It's also extensive, free, open-source, and mature.
wxWidgets gives you a single, easy-to-use API for writing GUI applications on multiple platforms that still utilize the native platform's controls and utilities.
Link with the appropriate library for your platform (Windows/Unix/Mac, others coming shortly) and compiler (almost any popular C++ compiler), and your application will adopt the look and feel appropriate to that platform.
On top of great GUI functionality, wxWidgets gives you: online help, network programming, streams, clipboard and drag and drop, multithreading, image loading and saving in a variety of popular formats, database support, HTML viewing and printing, and much much more.
NOTE: wxWidgets is licensed under the terms of the wxWindows Library Licence.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed crashes due to invalid input in PNG and TIFF image loaders (Tielei Wang).
· Fix compilation of wxWidgets headers with recent Sun CC (Brian Cameron).
· NB: If your code uses _T() macro you must either replace it with wxT() to
· use Sun CC or define wxNEEDS__T before including wx headers and avoid
· including many standard headers (again, only with this compiler).
Added several functions forward compatible with wxWidgets 3.0 (troelsk):
· wxDC::SetDeviceClippingRegion(), wxShowEvent::IsShown(),
· wxIconizeEvent::IsIconized(), wxFileName::StripExtension(),
· wxXmlNode::GetAttribute[s](), wxXmlNode::AddAttribute().
· wxDateTime timezone functions now dynamic (no caching).
· Add wxBU_EXACTFIT support to wxToggleButton XRC handler (Ronny Krueger).
· wxRTC: fixed AltGr+key input and numeric keypad Delete on Windows.
· wxRTC: added background colour setting to font dialog.
· wxRTC: added wxRICHTEXT_HANDLER_USE_CSS flag for HTML handler to use CSS
· where possible.
· wxRTC: ...