openHAB (open Home Automation Bus) is a free and opensource application designed to provide a universal integration platform for all things around home automation.
openHAB aims to be absolutely vendor-neutral as well as hardware/protocol-agnostic. In addition, openHAB brings together different bus systems, hardware devices and interface protocols by dedicated bindings.
These bindings send and receive commands and status updates on the openHAB event bus.
This allows you to design user interfaces with a unique look and feel, but with the possibility to operate devices based on a big number of different technologies.
In addition to the UIs, openHAB also provides the power of automation logics across different system boundaries.
openHAB is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. Binaries for the Windows and Linux platforms are available on the project's homepage.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the openHAB utility on your Mac are available HERE.
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· new TCP & UDP binding
· new CUPS binding
· new IHC / ELKO binding
· new Modbus binding
· new Sonos binding
· new Plugwise binding
· new PLCBus binding
· new mySQL persistence service
· new Exec persistence service which executes commands according to item changes (extremely useful when incorporating external visualisation tools)
· new Cosm persistence service
· new Mary Text-to-Speech engine
· Issue 62 : Support streaming mode in the REST API for item/widget status changes
· Issue 116 : Modify minimumSince, maximumSince, historicValue to return full state with timestamp, not just the value
· Issue 150 : URLs auf the HttpOutBinding can now be enhanced using the String.format() Syntax. See the Binding documentation for detailed information
· added retry capability to onewire binding
· added rrd charting possibilities for Dimmers, Rollershutters, Switches and Contacts
· added support for KNX DPT 5.004
· added SUM GroupFunction
· enhanced onewire binding (issue 98 comment 3) to make the temp...