oXygen XML Author is a simplified distribution of the Editor, specially created for the content authors. oXygen XML Author includes all the XML authoring, database access and publishing features available in the oXygen XML Editor.
oXygen XML Author provides out-of-the-box support for the standard XML documentation frameworks: TEI, DocBook, XHTML, DITA; and its unique design makes it easy to extend/customize to match a new whole range of editing needs.
Here are some key features of "oXygen XML Author":
· Structured editing
· XML Publishing Frameworks
· Single Source Publishing
· Collaboration tools
· Minimum hardware configuration is PowerPC G4 class system with 256 MB of RAM (512 MB recommended) and 300 MB free disk space.
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· XML Editor adds important features for both XML Development and XML Authoring.
· On the XML development side, completes the set of XML Schema 1.1 related features with full schema editing support and capabilities to generate XML instances and schema documentation in accordance with this new W3C standard.
· On the XML Authoring side, streamlines XML reviewing by adding support for highlights and a Review manager panel. Highlights help you focus on the content you need to review and the Review manager panel presents all the changes, comments and highlights from a document so you can quickly inspect and manage them.
· Improvements were made for quickly finding resources in the project by searching in their content or file paths. offers these advanced search capabilities by adding a dedicated view that supports complex text search expressions, such as: multiple words, boolean operators, group searches, etc. as well as XML-aware filters.
· Documents from a Microsoft SharePoint server can now ...