CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework) is a free and open source project for developing a Web browser control based on the Google Chromium project.
Currently, CEF provides support for a variety of programming languages and operating systems and can be easily integrated into both new and existing applications.
In the development of CEF, performance and ease of use in mind were key.
The framework includes C and C++ programming interfaces exposed via native libraries that insulate the host application from Chromium and WebKit implementation details.
CEF is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. Binaries for the Windows and Linux platforms are available on the project's homepage.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the CEF utility on your Mac are available HERE.
· Xcode 3.2 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Update to Chromium version 25.0.1364.152.
· Mac: OS-X 10.5 (Leopard) is no longer supported.
· Default Google API keys for geolocation are no longer supported. Register for custom API keys as described here.
· Windows: Add new CefSetOSModalLoop function to improve menu responsiveness ( issue #194 ).
· Allow empty |mimeType| argument to GetDownloadHandler ( issue #405 ).
· Support implicit detachment of CEF V8 references when the associated context is released ( issue #484 ).
· Reduce persistent CEF V8 memory usage by tracking objects on a per-context basis and not persisting objects when the underlying V8 handle is unused ( issue #484 ).
· cefclient: Add performance tests for CEF V8 methods ( issue #484 ).
· Mac: cefclient: Call makeFirstResponder:nil from windowDidResignKey: to remove focus from the browser view when the window becomes inactive ( issue #565 ).
· Add CefApp::OnRegisterCustomSchemes callback to address url_util thread safety issues ( issue #630 ).
· Add CefV8ContextHandler::OnUncaughtExc...