iTools is a web site management system for both small to medium-sized web hosting providers that own or rent dedicated servers.
iTools can be used by large service providers who may wish to bundle iTools into their offerings too.
iTools is ideal for the professional hosting of multiple companies on a single server; it shortens the time and lessens the expertise needed to deploy new sites. iTools's secure, domain-specific, browser-based Apache administration, using a 6th generation suite of tools, makes Apache on Mac OS X, the easiest Apache in the world to administer.
Using Apple's bundled Apache as a point-of-departure, Tenon's iTools extends this underlying server platform with an Apache 2 implementation, a point-and-click interface and a rich set of new features.
Included with iTools, in addition to extensions and enhancements to the Mac OS X Apache web server, are a state-of-the-art domain name server, a multihoming FTP server, a robust SSL encryption engine to support eCommerce, a powerful caching engine with state-of-the-art proxy support, and a search engine. All of the tools are supported using a secure point-and-click browser-based administration tool.
Here are some key features of "iTools":
· Set up and configuration of name-based and IP-based virtual hosts
· Create secure web sites with SSL
· Create secure chrooted FTP sites
· Set up WebDAV for collaborative development
· View graphical logging displays of web, ftp and mail traffic
· Allow clients to manage their own web sites and view their own logs (without compromising the privacy of other clients)
· Manage MySQL using phpMyAdmin (via iTools web-based administration panel)
· Manage Tomcat and other web add-ons, such as Coppermine, Wordpress, phpBB2, etc
· Manage cron jobs to automatically perform administrative tasks at pre-set intervals
· Update iTools and ancillary open-source packages automatically
· View embedded on-line help and avail yourself of Tenon Technical Support.
· Apple Mac OS X (or OS X Server) 10.2, 10.3, 10.4 (preferred)
· PowerPC G4 Processor
· 256 MB RAM or more
· A network connection
· 200 MB free disk space.