dex2jar is a free and open-source utility that will help you to work with android .dex and java .class files.
dex2jar is comprised of four parts:
· dex-reader is designed to read the Dalvik Executable (.dex/.odex) format. It has a light weight API similar with ASM. An example here
· dex-translator is designed to do the convert job. It reads the dex instruction to dex-ir format, after some optimize, convert to ASM format.
· dex-ir used by dex-translator, is designed to represent the dex instruction
· dex-tools tools to work with .class files.
dex2jar is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the dex2jar utility on your Mac are available HERE.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Trim exception handler, fix issue 109
· Use iterator instead of recursion in BaseLiveAnalyze, Fix issue 152