aime is an open source and free programming language, with a C like syntax, intended for application extending purposes.
The aime collection comprises the language description, an application embeddable interpreter (libaime), the interpreter C interface description and a standalone interpreter.
Many examples on how the interpreter can be used (embedded in an application) are also available, together with some hopefully useful applications, such as expression evaluators.
How to install and run: Unarchive, open a Terminal window, go to the aime's folder and run the following commands from the command line:
sudo make install
aime -- help
Here are some key features of "aime":
· Simple procedural imperative programming language, no Defective-By-Design (TM) features, no Flawed-By-Contract (TM) features, no OOA, OOB, OOP, OOX
· C syntax
· Statically typed.
· Intrinsic integer, real, string and void types.
· Embedding application defined types (such as file, list, or whatever concerns the application).
· Function pass by value and pass by reference.
· References - data may be referred for more than once.
· Fairly fast interpreter.
· Automatic, inconspicuous resource management.
· Apple Xcode