Free and open source XQuery processor
The query processor has been designed to be embeddable in a variety of environments such as other programming languages extended with browsers, database servers, XML message dispatchers, XML processing capabilities, or smartphones.
Its architecture employes a modular design, which allows customizing the Zorba query processor to the environment’s needs.
In particular the architecture of the query processor allows a pluggable XML store (e.g. main memory, DOM stores, persistent disk-based large stores, S3 stores).
- All Flavors Available:
- General purpose XQuery processor - written in C++. Complete family of W3C specifications: XPath, XQuery, Update, Scripting, Full-Text, XSLT, XQueryX, and more.
- Rich XQuery Library:
- Web mashups, cryptography, image processing, geo projections, emails, data cleaning... there is a module for that.
- Pluggable Store:
- Seamlessly process XML data stored in different places.
- Main memory, mobile devices, browsers, disk-based, or cloud- based stores.
- Runs Everywhere:
- Available on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
- Bindings available for 6 Programming Languages: C++, C, PHP, Ruby, Java and Python.
- Developer Friendly Tools:
- Benefit from a rich ecosystem of tools.
- Eclipse plugins, command-line interface, and debugger.
- Fun & Productive:
- XQuery unifies development for all tiers; database, content management, application logic, and presentation.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- New Features:
- A new common-language mode has been added to help write code that is compatible with both Zorba's extended XQuery and JSONiq languages. It will raise warnings for code that is not conformant to the common subset.
- Typeswitch expression extended to allow union of types in each case clause, as specified by XQuery v3.0
- In C++ API, added optional XML formatting of exceptions.