Zimbra Desktop is the next generation leap forward for Web 2.0 applications - now you can have Zimbra's Ajax-based collaboration experience online and offline.
That means when you are out of the office without a connection (say, in a plane, train, or automobile), you can keep working without missing a beat.
Zimbra Desktop will help you write emails, add new appointments, edit documents; when you re-connect changes will be automatically synced to the Zimbra Server.
Here are some key features of "Zimbra Desktop":
· Easily compose, edit, delete, reply, or make drafts
· "Drag and Drop" messages into new folders or the Trash
· Supports plain text and html message formatting
· Add email signatures for each account and automatically reply with the correct "from" address
· Compose email even when you are not online-messages you send are saved in the "Outbox" and are sent when you connect again
· Supports any POP or IMAP email plus Zimbra, Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, AOL and Hotmail
Conversation Views, Tags, and Search:
· Collapse email threads into a single Conversation View to simplify your inbox
· Tag messages as important from people you care about
· Quickly search your mailbox for pictures, documents or text-even with attachments
· Use Advanced Search to easily search by folder, date, person, subject or attachment
· Save searches as Virtual Folders- for example "All email with attachments from Joe"
· Now features built-in support for Yahoo! Inquisitor
· View addresses as Yahoo! Maps
· Automatically detect your location and find points of interest with Yahoo! Local
· Preview web pages at thumbnails instead of opening a browser
· See your calendar schedule from within an email message if you hover over a date
· Web Search powered by Yahoo! is built directly into Zimbra Desktop
· Automatically save pictures to Flickr
· Store all your contacts in one place for all your accounts
· Create groups and tags to organize them
· Add photos to contacts
· Auto complete email addresses when composing email
· Easily import new contacts from other applications as .csv files or export contacts as .csv files for backup
· Syncs Zimbra, Yahoo! and Gmail contacts
· Manage multiple color-coded calendars
· View calendars in Day, Week, Work Week, Month or List view
· "Fisheye" in the Month view let's you easily view and edit events
· Drag and drop' events to new days or to change times
· Import public web calendars (iCal format), such as sports schedules
· Invite others to meetings and view free/busy times
· Syncs Zimbra, Yahoo! and Gmail calendars
Documents, Tasks, Briefcase:
· Edit Documents including add images, tables and spreadsheets; share them in email
· Track your to do's including start and end dates, percent complete
· Save attachments in Briefcase rather than as message attachments
· Works with any account you set up
Extra features with Zimbra Collaboration Suite:
· Email, contacts, calendar, documents, tasks synchronize to the Zimbra Server
· Access to shared data from peers (email, contacts, calendars, etc)
· Works with both Open Source and Network Edition (ZCS 5.0+ servers)
· Existing user preferences (folders, signatures, settings, etc) are imported
· Access to mobile devices, the Zimbra online Web Client and much more
· Zimbra Collaboration Server
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Major Issues Fixed:
· Fixed issue causing selected language to revert to English (United States). Selected language now displays properly and does not revert.
· Fixed issue when canceling a single instance of a recurring appointment. The cancellation of an instance that has already been canceled no longer replicates as a SetAppointmentRequest in the server mailbox.log.
· Calendar localization issues have been fixed for de, pl, ro, fr, ms, hu, pt_BR and other locales.