Wing IDE Professional provides powerful debugging, editing, code intelligence, and search capabilities that reduce development and debugging time, cut down on coding errors, and make it easier to understand and navigate Python code.
Unlike many competing technologies, Wing IDE Professional and Python let you concentrate on building your application-specific functionality.
Wing IDE Professional is available on Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, and some other platforms.
Here are some key features of "Wing IDE Professional":
· Auto-completion, call tips, find definition, code browser, and other tools for code inspection and validation.
· Set breakpoints, view and modify program data, watch and track values, attach to external processes, and interact with powerful auto-completing command line debug probe.
· Split views, syntax highlighting for over 60 languages, code folding, indentation and formatting tools, wildcard and regular expression multi-file searching, keyboard emulation for Visual Studio, VI/Vim, Emacs, and many other features.
· Try out code with auto-completion, or evaluate whole files or selections from the editor in the integrated Python shell.
Unit Testing Tool:
· Quickly find and run or debug unit tests for test-driven development.
· Requires an X Server such as Apple X11 Server or XDarwin (included in the download package)
· Python 2.1 or later
· The Wing IDE Trial is the fully functional product running on a time-limited license, with up to three 10 day trial periods.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Show perspectives key bindings in Load Perspective sub-menu
· Support for Python 2.6 and 2.7 running on cygwin
· Fix colors preference page
· Fix color of occurrences on black backgrounds
· Set color of text to white in open from project dialog in win32 default theme
· Fix extract refactoring when toplevel source is indented
· Fix bugs in introduce variable refactoring after reverting the operation once
· Return focus to editor after refactoring operations
· Further refine detection of defining context for turbo completion mode
· Add history point to go back to when doing a select all
· Fix Current File Properties dialog
· Fix exception seen when restoring tool only perspectives
· Fix potential failures to run perforce commands right after startup