WebUtilities is a free and open-osurce Java library which will help you speed up and improve the client side performance of your J2EE web application.
Client side performance is important if you want to achieve better user experience. Optimizing and efficiently serving the static resources (JS, HTML, CSS, Images etc.) significantly increases client side performance.
WebUtilities provides you with web components to help you speed up Front-End of your J2EE application.
WebUtilities is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the WebUtilities utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Here are some key features of "WebUtilities":
· Serve multiple JS or CSS files in one request
· Add Expires header for JS, CSS and Image files to be cached by browser
· Minify JS, CSS files on the fly
· Minify Inline CSS and JS code blocks
· Add Character Encoding to your response
· Server compressed contents (gzip/compress/deflate)
· Cache responses to speed loading by avoiding reprocessing
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New Features / Enhancements:
· URL fingerprinting
· New custom Tag to load resources
· Better and smarter client side caching to detect and load only modified respources
· Ability to use it as maven resource
· Switched to SLF4J for logging
· Support for Google Closure compiler (experimental)
· Ability to provide custom context path for Image URLs in CSS
· Path separator issue on windows machines