With WebStart it never been as easy to manage a professional web sever. Everything is a one click task.
Three versions of PHP are included with WebStart as well as a bunch of other software needed by all web developers.
WebStart has been tested with most of the actual CMS and frameworks.
It lets you easily deploy any number of websites on your local Mac.
WebStart is more than just a web server. It consists a full-featured webserver environment for your Mac. WebStart also includes an MySQL, Apache 2 and OpenLDAP servers, running out of the box.
Here are some key features of "WebStart":
Apache 2 Server:
· WebStart includes a full-featured Apache 2 server, with all the necessary modules for a professionnal web development platform.
· Apache configuration files can be edited directly from the WebStart control window.
· The logfiles can also be consulted from the Application, in an intuitive interface.
· The Apache modules can be enabled and disabled on the fly, with a simple click.
· PHP, CGI, WebDav, SVN, SSL and Python support
· Dynamic virtual hosts, user directories, custom authentication
· Server side includes, URL rewriting, security auditing, log rotation
· WebStart includes a full-featured MySQL server, the world's leading OpenSource database server.
· It also includes PHPMyAdmin, to easily manage your databases from a web-interface.
· The MySQL version included in WebStart was built to give you a maximum feature sets, with all the available storage engines, and a maximum performance on your Mac.
· WebStart includes a full-featured OpenLDAP server, the world's leading OpenSource implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.
· It doesn't maztter wheter you use it from command line, from PHP or for Apache authentication, it's just here at your fingertips.
Choose your PHP version:
· WebStart includes three versions of PHP
· PHP 4: the old and deprecated version, but still used on some servers
· PHP 5.2: the PHP version used on most servers actually
· PHP 5.3: the actual PHP version, featuring all the new features
· The PHP version can be changed on the fly, with a simple mouse click.
Virtual hosts made easy:
· WebStart let's you create an infinite number of websites on your local Mac, with an intuitive user interface.
· Created websites are available immediatly, once created.
Software configuration management:
· WebStart includes Subversion and GIT, but also the Trac SCM software for Apache.
· Trac is an enhanced wiki and issue tracking system for software development projects. Trac uses a minimalistic approach to web-based software project management, letting developers write great software while staying out of the way.
· WebStart has been tested with TODAY'S MOST WIDELY USED CMS and frameworks
· No matter what software you want to use, it will run out of the box with WebStart.
· 14 days trial period
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· WebStart now runs fine on OS X 10.8 - Mountain Lion.
· GateKeeper compatible.
· Updated PHP to 5.3.15 and 5.4.5
· NodeJS integration.
· Mountain Lion only update