Vinter is an open source graphics engine for Mac OS X and iOS featuring full shader based rendering, written in C++ and Objective-C.
The Vinter engine is mainly written in C++ with a few small parts written in Objective-C. Vinter can be used in any Objective-C and C++ projects targeting iOS 3.0 or Mac OS X 10.6 and later.
As the renderer only provides shader based rendering, the target system must support shaders (this requirement is probably met by every Mac that shipped with OS X 10.5+.
iOS devices support shaders since the iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3rd Gen. It is also supported on every iPad).
Here are some key features of "Vinter":
· Shader based rendering
· OpenGL ES 2.0 rendering (iOS), OpenGL 2.0 with GSlang 1.20 (OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7), OpenGL 3.2 with GSlang 1.50 (OS X 10.7)
· Loading of assets in arbitrary background threads
· Tweening support similar to UIKits animation system
· Support for TMX maps http://mapeditor.org/
· Render to texture
· Flexible particle system
· Native Chipmunk support http://chipmunk-physics.net/
· PVR texture support (compressed and uncompressed)
· RGBA8888, RGBA4444, RGBA5551 and RGB565 texture format support with conversion
· Sprites (with and without atlas textures)
· Quadtree based scene management
· OpenGL ES debug marker support (iOS 5+)
· Apple Xcode