UIMA framework is an open, industrial-strength, scalable and extensible platform for building analytic applications or search solutions that process text or other unstructured information to find the latent meaning, relationships and relevant facts buried within.
UIMA enables developers to compose analytic applications and to build analytic modules from multiple analytic providers, encouraging collaboration and facilitating value extraction for unstructured information.
The UIMA Java open source framework provides:
· a build time environment for creating UIMA-compliant analytic components (from scratch or by wrapping existing analytic modules) and for developing composite analytic modules
· a runtime infrastructure for executing the composite analytic processes.
NOTE: UIMA is license and distributed under the terms of the Common Public License 1.0.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Having the same Feature declared on both a type and one of its supertypes was failing in some cases
· PEAR Merger utility: resulting aggregate PEAR CLASSPATH was missing some JAR files
· Configuration Parameter overrides was broken when using import by name
· Vinci adapter: additional fix to 1.4.4 Vinci timeout behavior change to avoid doing retries on timeouts.
· Null pointer exception cleanup in PEAR tools utility to identify a component category
· TCasPool methods weren't using the extension ClassLoader
· Fix XML parsing failures related to Java 5 level