A very useful and reliable, Java based JDBC driver for MS Access that helps you in the development process
Moreover, UCanAccess is developed using the Java programming language and can be run on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
- Supports the 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 Access formats
- Execute queries defined as well as saved in Access
- Provides access for multiple users.
- SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE statements. Transactions and savepoints.
- Access data types: YESNO, BYTE, INTEGER, LONG, SINGLE, DOUBLE, NUMERIC, CURRENCY, COUNTER, TEXT, OLE, MEMO, GUID,DATETIME.
- Concurrent access from multiple users (i.e., multiple application server threads).
- Connection pooling.
- ANSI 92 SQL, core SQL-2008.
- MS Access SQL.
- Main Access functions implementation.
- You can execute select queries defined and saved in Access. Since 1.0.1 version, UCanAccess can execute crosstab queries (Transfom...Pivot...)
- LIKE operator accepts both standard '_' and access specific '?' as wildcard character, both standard '%' and access specific '*' as jolly, # for single digit(access), [xxx][!xxx]for characters intervals.
- Both & and || string concat.
- Square brackets for field names, table names and view names (Access Queries) including spaces (e.g., select [my column] from [my table] ).
- Access date format (e.g., #11/22/2003 10:42:58 PM#).
- Both double quote " and single quote ' as SQL string delimeters.
- Basic, readonly support to complex types (i.e., array of Version, Attachment, SingleValue). Tables with one or more colums of those types are readable but readonly in the current development stage. Using ResultSet.getObject you can get array of net.ucanaccess.complex.Version, net.ucanaccess.complex.Attachment and so on.
- Command Line Console. You can run SQL commands and display their results. CSV export command.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Upgrade to jackcess 2.0.6.
- Fixed methods getErrorCode and getSQLState in the UCanAccess SQLException implementation (class UcanaccessSQLException). SQL error codes and states are those gotten from hsqldb (you can handle them by using the constants in net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessErrorCodes) except for the internal UCanAccess or Jackcess exceptions that always give the error code UcanaccessErrorCodes.UCANACCESS_GENERIC_ERROR.