JumpBox for Trac 1.7.7
An advanced tool for tracking software development projects.
A JumpBox is a virtual appliance that bundles a server based application along with all of its dependancies (operating system, database, libraries and management interface) into a single pre-configured unit.
This makes deploying that application drop dead simple and gives you a working application in minutes for what would normally take hours.
- An intuitive user interface to quickly guide users through deployment.
- A web-based control panel for simplified management of system functions.
- A backup system that enables data security and portability.
- It's Simple - Open Source applications are great. The applications are powerful, inexpensive and get the job done. But installing and configuring those applications can be a pain. A JumpBox delivers Open Source applications in a way that makes them simple to try, run and operate.
- It's Quick - Actually downloading a JumpBox will take the most time. Once that's done, you're just a few minutes from having a working application that can serve multiple users.
- It's Portable - A JumpBox collects the application, application dependancies and all application data into a single bundle that can easily be moved from one computer to another. This allows you to start running the application on your desktop and then as usage grows move it to a server without needing to reinstall or reconfigure. Plus with support for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux you can even move the application between platforms with little effort.
- It's Safe - Manually installing Open Source applications not only takes a lot of time and effort, but when you're done it's still left to you to figure out how to protect the data the application manages. With a JumpBox it's easy to add automatic backups of the entire state of the application.
- It's Virtual - A JumpBox application is a virtual appliance that bundles the open source application and all its runtime dependancies into a single package that runs on top of virtualization software from VMWare, Parallels or Xen. This means all JumpBox applications automatically gain the benefits of traditional server virtualization and can be dropped into existing virtualization infrastructure when available.
- It's Comfortable - JumpBox provides a consistent runtime environment for all applications that we bundle. The applications may differ considerably, but their installation and operation will be familiar no matter which JumpBox you choose.
- Powerful software project management - Trac is an advanced tool for tracking software development projects. It provides a simple wiki, issue tracking system and tight integration with the Subversion revision control system.
- Built in Wiki - Documentation, ticket descriptions, commit messages, in Trac all of these are wiki powered so creating links and rich markup is trivial.
- Project Tracking - Using the Trac timeline you can see all activity in a project and Milestones show you how far you still have to go.
- Revision Control Integration - Trac integrates tightly with the Subversion revision control system. It has a built in repository browser and can tie subversion commits to the manipulation of Trac tickets.
JumpBox for Trac
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- The JumpBox has been updated to Trac 1.0.1.
- This is a bug fix update to Trac. See the full Trac release notes for detail: http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracDev/ReleaseNotes/1.0#MaintenanceRelease
- It should be possible to restore from backups made by the 1.0.2 JumpBox for trac and later.