Tighten Pro 1.0.11
Code generator for App Store receipt validation, code signing and security
Implementing all of the WWDR recommendations for the App Store could take up to a month (that's the voice of experience speaking), even for experienced developers!
Tighten Pro changes all that. With a built-in code generator that reads directly from your codesign-ed app bundle, you can add a complete, robust App Store implementation to your own application in under 30 minutes.
And since the code generator creates customized security code, your app will be more secure than if you simply reused sample code from the internet.
Tighten Pro was used to add App Store code to both Reducticon and FaceBoof! in under an hour.
Compare that to the author's first attempt at store receipt validation by modifying sample code from the internet, which took over a day and only addressed a subset of the recommended validation checks.
This Pro version of Tighten includes a code generator that creates robust implementations of App Store receipt validation code, complete with customized security checks based on your Mac Developer identity, your app Bundle ID and the WWDR certificate chain.
Tighten Pro will generate code unique to your app and is able to save up to 30 days of work per-implementation. Use it over and over again for all your little Apps. Reduce piracy, increase developer productivity, have plenty of time to watch this week's episode of Caprica or V.
NOTE: To buy Tighten Pro via the App Store an Apple account is required.
- Tighten's receipt validation implements all the recommended checks for Mac App Store receipts, including:
- App Store receipt validation with code signature checks.
- Testing SHA1 fingerprints of application signing certificate chain.
- Custom security requirements based on your developer certificate/identity.
- Checks integrity of application bundle.
- Tighten includes both:
- Inspection - load any application bundle (including Apps you already have in the store) and inspect the code signing attributes (certificate chain, designated requirements and secure Info.plist values), symbols, strings and app store receipt values.
- Code Generation - create customized, obfuscated codesign checking for your own Cocoa (or Carbon) apps. Obfuscation and code generation means the code will be unique to your application.
- Inspect application code signature.
- Calculates SHA1 fingerprints of application signing certificate chain.
- Generates code for codesign requirement checks.
- Inspect App Store Receipts and verify values against your own receipt-checking code.
- Creates 32/64-bit inline ANSI C (GCC) code for inclusion in .h .c, .m, .cpp and .mm files.
- Quickly review public symbols and strings without opening console.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Major upgrade with many improvements, including:
- Secure, inline In-App purchase validation.
- Sandbox security assessment and entitlements.
- Gatekeeper/Developer ID certificate support & code generation.