TeX Live Utility 1.17 / 1.18 Beta 4
Mac OS X GUI for TeX Live's tlmgr
Why should you use TeX Live Utility when you can use the command line tlmgr or the Perl/Tk GUI?
Because TeX Live Utility performs TeX Live infrastructure updates using the Disaster Recovery script, which avoids problems with tlmgr removing itself while updating.
What's more, there's no compelling reason to switch from the command line or X11 GUI if you're you're comfortable with them.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use TeX Live Utility on your Mac are available HERE.
- Set paper size for all TeX programs
- Update packages (all or subset)
- Install and remove packages (all or subset)
- Show details for individual packages (including texdoc results)
- Set a mirror URL for command-line tlmgr usage
- List and restore backups
TeX Live Utility
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.17
- Update mirror list, notably because U of Washington made a gratuitous server name change and then whined about it
- Sign frameworks and helper applications for (hopefully) better compatibility with Mavericks. Thanks for nothing, Apple (meaning your documentation of this).
- Remove some cruft from Localizable.strings files
- Workaround for prompt to install developer tools on Mavericks. This will still be an issue if you run tlmgr from the command line.