TeX Live Utility is a free and open source Mac OS X graphical interface for TeX Live Manager that aims to provide a native Mac OS X interface for the most commonly used functions of the TeX Live Manager command-line tool.
Why should you use TeX Live Utility when you can use the command line tlmgr or the Perl/Tk GUI?
Because TeX Live Utility performs TeX Live infrastructure updates using the Disaster Recovery script, which avoids problems with tlmgr removing itself while updating.
What's more, there's no compelling reason to switch from the command line or X11 GUI if you're you're comfortable with them.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use TeX Live Utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Here are some key features of "TeX Live Utility":
· Set paper size for all TeX programs
· Update packages (all or subset)
· Install and remove packages (all or subset)
· Show details for individual packages (including texdoc results)
· Set a mirror URL for command-line tlmgr usage
· List and restore backups
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed build script to compile using latest Xcode instead of Xcode 3.