An open source and easy to use cave visualization software that helps users to see the relationship between various cave system types
Moreover, Survex has a sophisticated GUI frontend, no arbitrary limits, and is particularly good for large complicated cave systems, or areas where you need to see the relationships between multiple cave systems. Putting existing data into it should be easy.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the Survex utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Additionally, Survex is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. Binaries for the Windows and Linux platforms are available on the project's homepage.
- Translations supplied for English, French, German, Spanish, Catalan, Portuguese, Italian, Slovak, Romanian, and US English.
- Hierarchical survey station naming.
- Fast processing of survey data in a wide range of formats, aided by sophisticated network simplification techniques
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Add KML export (stations only currently).
- Allow measuring line to measure from anonymous stations. (Fixes #44)
- Fix corrupted names in exported files.
- Fix error log window under wxWidgets >= 2.9 to include the system information before the first log message like it does under wxWidgets 2.8.