Stunnix Perl Obfuscator and Encoder 3.5
Advanced and reliable obfuscator for Perl.
One of the main disadvantages of these languages for developers of commercial applications is the great ease by which customers and competitors can study, analyze and reuse the code.
For custom solutions the risk of losing control over intellectual property is even higher since it's much more difficult to track violations of intellectual property in them due to the highly targeted or even exclusive distribution of such solutions or products.
In such cases, violations of intellectual property can take the form of reuse of the original source code even with an arbitrary level of adaptation! Due to the ease by which study and modification can be performed, it is extremely difficult to enforce the licensing conditions of the applications or sites (for example - permission to use the script only on a single website, and only until a specified date has occurred).
Stunnix Perl-obfus is a unique solution for this problem for code written in Perl programming language. It is an advanced and reliable obfuscator for Perl source code which has advanced support for adding extremely difficult to remove automatic licensing checks.
It converts the perl source files (.pl and .pm) into highly mangled and obfuscated form, making it extermely difficult for customers and competitors to study, analyse, reuse and re-work, while fully retaining the original functionality.
By default, since version 1.3 that highly mangled and obfuscated code is also encoded afterwards to completely hide the structure of the program. Stunnix Perl-obfus is not a compiler to machine code - the obufscated form will still be the usual perl source code, thus it will work on all platforms the original source worked on.
State of the art support for ensuring license conditions (lifetime expiration, several types of hostname checks, user-defined checks) has been present in Stunnix Perl-Obfus since version 1.5.
Please note that tools that convert code into executables like PAR and PerlApp are not a solution to the code hiding, since all source code of the application gets written to some temporary directory once the executable produced by these tools is run.
This allows curious users to get to your code quickly. However, using these tools on the output of Stunnix Perl-Obfus is fully supported for cases when standalone executable is required from code protected by Stunnix Perl-Obfus.
- Unique! New! Includes Project Manager - an advanced intuitive cross-platform graphical user interface for protecting projects of any size with mixed types of code and files.
- Unique! Full support for all Perl language constructs.
- Unique! Full support for applications consisting of several Perl modules.
- Unique! Full support for keeping library modules application uses in non-obfuscated (original) form.
- Encoding of the file is performed by default. No standalone decoder is required to support the encoded files.
- Support for program expiration, advanced hostname check and general checks and actions such as program removal and printing notifications in the non-removable encoded block of code.
- Unique! Supports source compression mode.
- Unique! Available in Standard and Lite Editions.
- Unique! Has special mode for as quick as possible preparation of projects for protection..
- Unique! A variety of options to tightly control the code hiding.
- Unique! Utilities to make the preparation of code for obfuscation easier.
- Unique! Includes unique utilities to gather project-specific exceptions: utility to gather html form fields' names and IDs of html elements, and a utility to extract all symbols from ActiveX or OLE components;
- Unique! Includes utility to simplify turning protected code into a standalone executable using third-party utilities like Perl2Exe;
- Unique! Means to make analysis of changes between different releases of the obfuscated product more difficult.
- Easy to install on any Unix/Linux or Windows server.
- Unique! Stunnix Perl Obfuscator and Encoder also offers a web-based commandline builder.
Stunnix Perl Obfuscator and Encoder
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fixed problems with GUI on Windows.
- Miscelaneous bug fixes and small improvements.