Convert scripts from input files into a highly mangled and obfuscated form
One of the main disadvantages of these languages for developers of commercial applications is the ease by which customers and competitors can study, analyze, and resuse the source code.
For custom solutions the risk of losing control over intellectual property is much higher since it's much more difficult to track violations of intellectual property due to the highly targeted or even exclusive distribution of such solutions or products.
In such cases violations of intellectual property can take the form of reuse of the original source code even with an arbitrary level of adaptation.
Due to the ease by which source code can be studied and modified it is extremely difficult to ensure licensing conditions of the applications or sites are met (for example permission to use the script only on a single website, and only until a specified date occurs).
By default that highly mangled and obfuscated code is encoded afterwards to hide the structure (control flow, division into subroutines and classes) of the script completely.
· Replacing symbol names with non-meaningfull ones
· Replacing numeric constants with expressions
· Replacing characters in strings with their hex escapes
· Removing or obfuscation of comments
· Removing spaces and tabs in the lines of code
· Joining all lines in your code
· Encoding the result of previous stages
· Code inside attributes (e.g. onclick) is obfuscated
· HTML comments are removed from the output (but server-side markup like SSI is not)
· Extra spaces and line breaks are removed intelligently
· Unique! The content of documents and the content of attribute values are partially converted into entities in a random way
· Unique! The case of letters in tag and attribute names is randomly mixed
- Unique! It can compress names of local variables (like YUI Compressor does) while obfuscating (or keeping the same) names of all other symbols; names of local variables can also be mangled after compressing them to get more cryptic code
- It can extract symbols for any API - just provide a directory with the files defining API
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Various usability enhancements in Project Manager GUI
- Updated configuration of Portable Firefox used for GUI on Windows
- When product fails to run on 64 bit Linux, instructions are shown on how to install 32-bit libraries.
- Other small improvements were made.