Stab is a free multi-paradigm programming language designed for the Java Virtual Machine.
Stab has almost all the features that can be found in Java:
· The same primitive types and operators with automatic boxing/unboxing
· Arrays, classes, interfaces, enums, constructors, fields and methods
· Methods with variable number of arguments
· C-like if/else, for, while, do, switch statements
· Exceptions handling with try/catch/finally and throw
· synchronized blocks and methods
· Compile-time generic programming including constraints and wildcards
Stab supports nested classes but not inner classes. To access a non-static member of an outer class, an explicit reference must be used.
· Java 6 or later