Designed for developers, Spice is a Source Component Manager for Xcode enabling easy re-use of code between projects.
Spice for Xcode has a simple goal: making it quicker and easier to reuse code between your Xcode projects.
Each Spice contains a copy of your source code, along with its dependencies - system frameworks, libraries, header paths, and optional code snippets.
With Spice, re-using code becomes as simple as dragging your existing project into Spice, highlighting the code to reuse and clicking “Create Spice”. The code is then extracted and kept within Spice for Xcode.
NOTE: To buy Spice via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Spice":
· Reuse a view created in one project in a new project
· Import a third-party source code package into your project - all source code and dependent libraries are automatically configured
· Use source code developed for a non-ARC project in a new project which uses ARC
· Organize your reusable components, each with optional code snippets to remind you how to use it
· 64-bit processor
· Apple Xcode 4.3.1 or earlier
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Spices can now contain file references to your projects, so source code is not duplicated between projects. Adding this to your projects creates the appropriate references in Xcode to use the same source files.
· Color coded Spice content shows which files are references. Missing files are highlighted in red.
· File bundles are now correctly identified, so projects using these can now be used to create Spices
· Other minor bug fixes