Pure Objective-C framework targeted on making game development as easy and hassle-free as possible
Obviously, Sparrow is for iPhone and iPad developers, especially those involved in game development. You will need to have a basic understanding of Objective-C – but there’s no way around that on the iOS anyway.
Detailed instructions on how to use the Sparrow framework within your own iOS projects are available HERE.
- Pure Objective-C — No Trade-offs:
- Sparrow is a pure Objective-C library that was built from ground up for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. You can easily integrate it with your existing UIKit apps, access all iOS APIs directly (like GameCenter, iAds, Camera, ...) and benefit from native performance. Stop developing in a black box, and go for complete control!
- Amazing Performance, familiar API:
- If you have already worked with Adobe Flash or Starling, you will feel right at home: Sparrow uses the same concepts and naming schemes. Even if you're coming from a different background, you'll get the hang of it quickly, because everything is designed to be as intuitive and easy to use as possible. And since all rendering is done through optimized OpenGL calls, Sparrow exposes the hardware's full potential. In other words: it's FAST!
- App Store proven, Community powered:
- Sparrow already powers a plethora of games in the App Store. It is backed up by a huge community providing tutorials, extensions, and a helping hand when you're stuck. The Sparrow community is one of the most active and friendly you'll ever find.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added 'touchGroup' property to display object containers (similar to Flash's 'mouseChildren')
- Added 'perpendicular' and 'truncateLength:' methods to 'SPPoint', normalize is now safe
- Added 'randomFloat' method to SPUtils
- Added 'color' property to 'SPButton'