YAML is a data serialization format that was created for human readability and interaction with scripting languages.
SnakeYAML is a free and open-source YAML parser and emitter for the Java programming language.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the SnakeYAML utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Here are some key features of "SnakeYAML":
· a complete YAML 1.1 parser. In particular, SnakeYAML can parse all examples from the specification.
· Unicode support including UTF-8/UTF-16 input/output.
· high-level API for serializing and deserializing native Java objects.
· support for all types from the YAML types repository.
· relatively sensible error messages.
· Java 5 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix issue 158: improve support for 32-bit characters (UTF-16 surrogate pairs) (thanks to Charlie)
· Fix issue 146: empty tags should not force explicit document start (thanks to Charlie)
· Fix issue 156: setSkipMissingProperties should not fail for non-scalar values (thanks to Blake Matheny)
· Fix issue 155: any generated output must be parsed without errors (thanks to Robert Fletcher)
· Fix issue 154: Add option to skip missing JavaBean properties when deserializing YAML into Java object (thanks to Shawn Lauzon)
· Fix issue 149: Directives are no longer lost between documents (thanks to robinETmiller)
· Fix issue 147: Serialized representation of character U+FFFD causes exception on deserialization (thanks to johnkarp)
· Fix issue 145: exception.getMessage() must show the line number as exception.toString() does (thanks to theaspect)
· Fix issue 144: improve type inference for Compact Object Notation (thanks to tommy.odom)
· Better support for Android