An open source utility that will enable OS X developers to convert source code into formatted text with syntax highlighting with minimum effort
Highlight converts source code to colored syntax highlighted HTML, LaTeX, TeX, SVG, XHTML, RTF, BBCode and terminal escape sequences. Color themes and language definitions are customizable.
Highlight has been created to offer a flexible but very easy to use syntax highlighter for several source code output formats. Instead of coloring information or hardcoding syntax, all relevant data is stored in configuration scripts.
- highlighting of keywords, types, strings, numbers, escape sequences, comments, operators and preprocessor directives
- colored output in HTML, XHTML 1.1, RTF, TeX, LaTeX, SVG, BBCode and terminal escape sequences
- supports referenced stylesheet files for HTML, LaTeX, TeX or SVG output
- syntax elements are defined as regular expressions or plain string lists
- customizable keyword groups
- recognition of nested languages within a file
- all configuration files are Lua scripts
- supports user plug-in scripts
- reformatting and indentation of C, C++, C# and Java source code
- wrapping of long lines
- output of line numbers
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- updated astyle code to release 2.05
- added astyle reformatting style vtk