Highlight is a free development utility which allows developers to easily and quickly convert source code to formatted text with syntax highlighting.
Highlight converts source code to colored syntax highlighted HTML, LaTeX, TeX, SVG, XHTML, RTF, BBCode and terminal escape sequences. Color themes and language definitions are customizable.
Highlight has been created to offer a flexible but very easy to use syntax highlighter for several source code output formats. Instead of coloring information or hardcoding syntax, all relevant data is stored in configuration scripts.
Here are some key features of "Highlight":
· highlighting of keywords, types, strings, numbers, escape sequences, comments, operators and preprocessor directives
· colored output in HTML, XHTML 1.1, RTF, TeX, LaTeX, SVG, BBCode and terminal escape sequences
· supports referenced stylesheet files for HTML, LaTeX, TeX or SVG output
· syntax elements are defined as regular expressions or plain string lists
· customizable keyword groups
· recognition of nested languages within a file
· all configuration files are Lua scripts
· supports user plug-in scripts
· reformatting and indentation of C, C++, C# and Java source code
· wrapping of long lines
· output of line numbers
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· added support for Crack (thanks to Conrad Steenberg)
· added XML shebang regex (thanks to Ferry Huberts)
· added hints to makefile to deal with Lua 5.1 and LuaJIT system libs
· updated cpp_ref_gtk_gnome.lua plug-in
· updated cpp_ref_cplusplus_com.lua plug-in
· CLI: fixed segfault if --force was applied and unknown files were parsed (thanks to Jussi Judin)
· GUI: fixed unselected theme after first program start